Intro to BW Darkroom Film Processing
This one-on-one private instruction will teach you how to process your own black and white film. Developing your own negatives can give you endless creative opportunities to get the exact look you want out of your film. From loading the film onto spools, to choosing chemistry and processing times, this course will give you the knowledge required to develop and evaluate your negatives.
What we will cover:
- How to find proper development times for different film stocks and speeds
- Choosing and mixing your chemistry
- Loading the film onto developing spools
- Film processing and drying
- Proper care and storage of negatives
- How to evaluate negatives for prints
- Troubleshooting common errors in development
- 1-2 rolls of already exposed BW 35mm film
- All chemistry and lab equipment will be provided
Location: Full Circle Fine Art Services
33 East 21st Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Instructor: Jake Batchelder
Length: 1.5 Hours
Cost: $85 (Combo Option: Take this course with Intro to BW Darkroom Printing and save 10%)
How it Works
1. Review the details and cost of the private instruction you are interested in. Submit a request for a private instruction session.
2. Upon receipt of your request, you instructor will contact you with several options for days and time based on mutual availability.
3. Once you have agreed on a time and date, Full Circle will send you an invoice that can be paid online.
Covid Precautions: Please note that as of January 1st, 2022, Full Circle is requiring proof of vaccination, in physical or digital form, for all workshops. You will be asked for proof of vaccination upon arrival. Mask use will also be required.